This is a short post on benefits and features because you can never have enough lessons on benefits and features.
In this short video, Guy Kawasaki explains his take on features and benefits, and refers to the benefits as “salient points.”
In this video he tells us:
- Why people get hung up on the features (23s)
- How to talk (or write) in terms of what your customers (not you) are interested in (1m16s)
My summary of features, results and benefits is as follows:
- Features – What your product has or can do (e.g 8 megabytes)
- Results – What happens as a result of those features (hold thousands of songs)
- Benefits – why the results make your customer feel good (can hear the music they love whenever they want)
Whether you use the term salient points, or benefits, they all work as shortcuts for your customer to understand why they should love your produce or service with a passion.