In-house copywriting workshops
One or two day workshops for your business or organisation
“Hi Amy, Just to let you know that the day we had with you was one of the very best training sessions I ever attended! Many thanks.” 🙂Elin Svensson, Country Director, British Council Sweden.
Write content to engage and persuade
Business writing has changed.
Instead of traditional essay styles learned at school, your company needs to write content that:
- Gets the attention of ideal customers (from the first line)
- Sell the benefits of your product and service with integrity
- Make it easy for web visitors to find out more, register, get in touch or buy
- Generate content marketing topics and ideas that appeal to your target buyer’s interests
- Maintain a blog that builds brand awareness and increases leads
“Your teaching style is absolutely spot on: I loved the mixture of effective teaching, highly relevant activities all backed up by excellent resources. The two days shot by without me noticing! Back in the office in Berlin today I have already started reading and considering texts in a different light and hope to start implementing some of the tips and techniques learnt soon. I’m also planning on holding a knowledge sharing activity to pass on some of what I’ve learnt to my colleagues. So thanks again!” Matt Beavers, Berlin workshop
Hundreds have attended these workshops in the UK, France, Austria, Germany, Poland, Cyprus, Africa, Chile, China and the United Arab Emirates.
From live online webinars to 2 day intensive workshops people have overcome resistance, adapted to new writing roles and mastered techniques to write more direct and engaging content (with improvements seen on the day).
How are they delivered?
Workshops are delivered in-house at your office and run for 1 or 2 days with a maximum of 15 attendees. Workshops are £2,500 a day plus travel and accommodation as needed.
Who is it for?
Any business that needs to sell, inform, persuade or engage an audience.
If you want to improve your advertising copy, your online content or employee communications, this workshop will show you how to make your copy more influential and enjoyable to read.
I actually feel a little bit smarter than I did when I got up this morning! It felt good to spend time thinking about the way we write in different contexts. ~ Attendee, Paris Workshop
What will you take away?
The workshop is based on the Write With Influence framework.
It takes you from a standing start to the techniques professional copywriters use today.
The workshop includes a lot of discussion and writing exercises so attendees can practice the techniques with an instructor on hand to guide them.
Attendees will learn:
- The major differences between ‘information writing’ (as taught at school) and ‘influential writing’ (needed today to be competitive)
- The steps they need to take before writing to make the process faster and more effective
- How to capture a reader’s attention within the first few lines by using the science of storytelling
- Know how to pace and structure content to keep the reader engaged
- Killer headline techniques
- Call to action copy that increases conversions
- How to review content respectfully (and effectively) as a team
Workshops can be delivered as 1 day or 2 day live events. I also offer online webinar workshops. Please use the contact form below to find out more.
What do businesses get out of these workshops?
Specific benefits from the workshops include:
- Writing high-quality content to deadlines – using templates and checklists
- Reduced resistance from employees about having content added into their work roles
- Increased traffic
- More leads and enquiries
- Improved team morale
- Increased site engagement from visitors
For once, very practical and relevant training. ~ Attendee, Paris Workshop
How do I book?
Simply fill out the form and I’ll be in touch within 24 hours (though most likely within just a few hours):