Happy Wednesday you good looking thing you.
It’s lovely having you back here again, are you doing something new with your hair? It suits you…. Been working out? No, nothing, you just look really well at the moment.
What do you mean, what do I want?
Oh, okay then… you always were my sharpest reader…
Here’s the deal (and I meant every single one of those compliments, seriously you look amazing! I’ll stop now 😉 )
My proposal to talk at SXSW 2012 in Austin Texas is now live and I’m psyched about the possibility of heading out there to talk about:
One of the most common frustrations I hear from female entrepreneurs is how to tie in blogging and selling in their business, without feeling icky and without using high-pressured sales tactics (because let’s face it, they’re just not fun).
And I really wanted to let people know that you can absolutely be compelling and persuasive in your writing, whether on your blog, your web copy or in your sales copy, without having to resort to hype.
In fact, if you have (or want to build) a community around your blog, they’ll appreciate your sincerity far more than a million exclamation marks.
But you know that because you’re so dang sharp!
What I’d love you to do is very, very simple, and it may or may not be true that for every one of these things you do, a country singer gets his job, wife or dog back.
- ReTweet this article (slap a click on the ole green ReTweet button and you’re done in a jiffy!)
- Click on this link to add a comment or question to my proposal
- Give my proposal a thumbs up vote to show SXSW you think it’d be a grand talk to have next year (you need to set up an account but it takes seconds)
- Don’t want to vote? Then I’d love to hear your comments in the discussion box on that page – again, click this link, and ask questions, or put thoughts down there and let’s get the discussion going!
- Return Friday to find out about a free webinar I’m doing next week about selling from the heart!
So – what do you think? Can you sell without hype? Do female bloggers struggle to sell themselves online? Can you sell to a blogging audience without upsetting them? Let me know by heading over to the propsal page and getting stuck in!
If you vote for me and my panel gets picked, and you’re out in SXSW next year, come find me and I’ll buy you a whisky and sing you a country song. 🙂