If you’re on my newsletter list (what do you mean you’re not on there? You’re missing out!) you’ll already know about the latest free eBook from Mark McGuinness over at Lateral Action.
Mark is a poet, business coach and creative entrepreneur. He is one of the few people I know who actually has that balance of time, freedom and money and has done it by building his business ethically around his creative passions.
As you might know, I have guest-posted over on Lateral Action in the past, I’ve been on Mark’s and Brian Clark (from Copyblogger) Creative Entrepreneur Roadmap course and I’ve even hired Mark one-on-one as a coach to help me with my own creative business sticking points.
So I was chuffed (read thrilled in case that doesn’t translate in the US!) to bits when Mark said he was creating his latest free eBook all about how he managed to find that balance.
Bizarrely enough it’s called Freedom, Money, Time and the Key to Creative Success and it talks about exactly that!
I love Mark’s writing, it’s easy to read, personable and it’s got some great action tips in there. I devoured it when he sent out the preview copies, did some mental highlighting of passages and I’ve got a list of things I want to revisit in my business as a result.
Particular highlights I recommend you check you:
- Page 7: How Mark changed one word in his marketing to reach a wider audience
- Page 12: Proof that Mark has tasted financial success (and how it meant nothing without passion)
- Page 16: What a little blogging can do to your traffic stats!
- Page 27: The lesson that the less your content looks like advertising, the more effective it will be as advertising
- Page 30: How you can get on the radar of successful entrepreneurs (without name-dropping or being showy)
- Page 31: Why you’ll want to leap from Freelancer to “Creative Entrepreneur”
Mark is also opening the doors to the Creative Entrepreneur Roadmap course again for a limited number of spots, so there’s information about that, (and as a previous student I am proud to recommend it and be an affiliate for it, so if you do sign up I receive a commission).
But the best thing is that the eBook is totally free and even if you just read that today and find one thing you can take-away and apply to your business to make more money, create more time or have more freedom, you’re going to be one step closer to the dream!