One of the biggest concerns I see with business owners who want to write a sales page, is about sounding natural. You want to be persuasive without being icky and salesy. This is particularly true if you’re a personality entrepreneur.
When you look for sales page templates, you’re going to see items to include like “fast action bonuses” or “scarcity”, and “urgency” and it just seems so pushy.
I like to show personality entrepreneurs that you can have natural sounding sales copy, even by using a “sales page” structure.
So here’s an example of how a conversational sales page might look for someone running a business group for work at home mums.
The Sales Page Structure
This is a very simple 10 point outline that I encourage business owners to use when they’re first starting their sales pages. Even this can appear heavily promotional.
- Get the right attention (identify your target market)
- What is the problem?
- What do you offer in a nutshell?
- Why does the problem still exist (for some) but can NOW be solved (what’s changed?)
- What are the details (and why will they love it)?
- Who are you and why can you be trusted?
- Overcome objections
- Offer bonuses
- What do they need to do to get it (Why Should They Act NOW)?
- What is the guarantee?
- Bonus point – the P.S.
But let’s take each of those points and draft out a sales page that sounds natural and conversational:
1. Identify Your Target Market
Every day work at home mums are faced with the problem of the “work life balance”
2. What Is The Problem?
3. What Do You Offer? (In A Nutshell)
4. Why Does The Problem Still Exist?
5. What Are The Details (And Why Will They Love It)?
6. Why Can You Be Trusted?
7. Overcome Objections
8. Offer Bonuses
9. What Should They Do To Get It? (Why Should They Act NOW?)
10. What Is The Guarantee?
11. The P.S
I really wanted to share this with you to show you that sales copy doesn’t have to be about hype. It’s about bridging that gap between what you offer and your ideal customer, and painting a vivid picture of the value that you offer.
Let me know how you get on applying this structure to your sales copy!