Before I left the UK to come to Austin for my talk about funny women in business I was invited onto the Allison Ferns show for BBC Sussex to discuss whether women can be funny and still be taken seriously.
In the interview we chat about some of the theories that exist suggesting women can’t be funny. I share my experience of using comedy marketing through my videos of the last year and I offer some quick tips for dipping your toes into humour marketing without damaging your credibility.
To listen to the interview, simply click the link below:
Covered in the talk:
- My writing background and walking away from a scriptwriting career
- The idea behind the development of Content Marketing… Stripped!
- How funny videos created opportunities for the business
- The 2 things you can do to start looking for funny situations to use in your own marketing
- The 2 things you DON’T want to do if you still want to be take seriously
Humour has been proven to work in marketing to build rapport and increase engagement and social shares. What do you think? What funny adverts, content pieces or videos have grabbed your attention? Let us know below!
Leave a Reply