What can you actually change right now?
We can spend an awful lot of time and energy on the things we wish we could change:
- The weather
- Crap TV
- That difficult client
- That frustrating friend
Most of those things are out of our control, and if you’re desperate to try and change someone to be how you want them to be, then you’re in for a difficult and possibly miserable journey.
You’re more powerful than you might realise, but not if you try to change the wrong thing.
- If the weather gets you down, could you move to a better climate?
- If politics makes your blood boil could you get involved and make a difference?
- If you hate the quality of TV shows could you make better ones or just turn it off?
- If you find your client difficult, could you try a different approach or drop them?
- If you’re friend is infuriating you are they worth taking a more understanding approach or should you just see less of them?
It might be that you decide that there’s nothing you can do, if so, why worry about it?
Or, you might just see that there is action you can take, if so, what’s stopping you?
Hi Walter – great to see you here again 🙂
It feels good to have a little moan about things that annoy us, and it’s always easy to find people to join in with the complaining.
But in the long term, you’re putting a lot of control into the hands of things that you can’t influence. It’s harder to change the way you see things, but will definitely feel better long term.
I can’t remember who said it but I love this quote:
“never underestimate the power you have to change yourself, and never overestimate the power you have to change others.”
the only thing we truly ahve control over is the way we think.
Reality of what we believe. If we chose to resists things that are beyond our control then it’s a manifestation that we don’t truly have control over our selves. Only thru mastering our emotions can we embrace our true hidden power. 🙂