Classic copywriting headlines, the kind of headlines written by Eugene Schwartz, Victor Schwab et al are essential studying materials when you want to hone your own headline writing skills.
However, sometimes looking at those powerful but pithy statements can be intimidating. If you’re struggling to write your own headlines, looking at great copy can make you wonder where to start.
It’s a bit like looking at the Mona Lisa and then going back to your own blank canvas with a box of crayons to create a masterpiece.
So these should help.
The following 40 headlines are inspired by some of the classic copywriting formulas, but the specific details have been stripped out and the copy tweaked to provide you with a framework for your own headlines.
This is a new section in the upcoming revised edition of the Copywriting Phrasebook (keep your eyes peeled for it). I want to give it to you, today, for free.
Simply gather the following details of your product:
- Target market
- Benefits (want tips on writing benefits? See here for a step-by-step guide)
- Possible objections
- Time take to get results
- Product name
And then start experimenting and see what headlines you can create for your own product or service.
41 Classic Copywriting Headline Templates
- The secret of getting [results]
- A little mistake that cost a [target market] [cost] a year
- Advice to… [target market] who want [results]
- Do you suffer from [problem] at [occasion]?
- Who ever heard of [target market] having [results] without [objection]
- How I improved… [problem] without [objection] in just [time]
- Discover the [benefits] you get with [results]
- Proven: The most effective way to get [results]
- How a [something perceived as bad] resulted in [results] and [benefits]
- Do you suffer from [problem]?
- Do you have these symptoms of [problem]
- Guaranteed to [results] without [objection]
- How a new [product] solved my [problem] in just [time]
- Which type of [target market] are you? Is it stopping you get [results]?
- Does your [problem] ever embarrass you?
- To people who want [results] but don’t know where to start
- How much is [problem] really costing you?
- The right way to solve [problem]
- [thousands / hundreds / etc]of [target market] now have [results] will you join them?
- For the [target market individual, not plural] who has less [results] than he / she wants
- Suppose this happened to your [business / life / relationship etc]. Would you survive?
- Are other [target market] secretly overtaking you?
- [X] proven ways to get [results] and [benefits]
- Are you ready to have [results] in just [time]?
- Get your hands on this system that took one [target market] from [starting results] to [end results] in just [time]
- How I got [results] by making this unusual mistake.
- Why some [target market] always have / get [results]
- You can laugh about [problem] if you follow this simple plan
- Five common [problems] faced by [target market] which one do you want to solve?
- What [industry experts] do when faced with [problem]
- [industry] experts prove that you can have [results] and with this new [product]
- Why it’s not your fault you have [problem]. And how to make it disappear in just [time]
- Thousands of [target market] can have [results] but never realise it. Don’t let it be you.
- Why [target market] are raving about this [product]. ([Results] is just one of the reasons)
- For just [cost] a day you can have [results] and [benefits] in [time]
- To [target market] who want [results] by [time]
- This new [product] will get you [benefits] galore
- It’s not right that you don’t have [results] when so many [target market] do
- The secrets of [target markets] that always get [results]
- What the [industry] experts don’t want you to know about solving [problem]
- Why do some [target market] have more [benefits] than others? The answer might surprise you
If you found this useful, sign up to the newsletter to find out when the updated Copywriting Phrasebook is being released. It contains a whole heap more templates, phrases and words to give you shortcuts to compelling copy!